Thursday 13 March 2014

Exciting Times!


So some of my plans for next year are going to involve me being very busy, and my mother probably saying 'Hannah, you've got too much on your plate!' But I'm genuinely very excited about all of this.

My first plan involves poetry and dance. My housemate Nick is a performance poet and a very good one too! This is a video of a poetry slam he organised and I was particularly inspired by the beautiful dance performed to a poem, written by Keren Margetts (she's the dancer furthest away).


As a contemporary dancer of fourteen years I love experimenting with different styles of theatre and dancing. So something I'm now planning for my third year, is working with my housemate Nick to set up a production of dance set to performance poetry. I think this'll be a great way of boosting up public appreciation of performance poetry and develop a new style of dance, where the focus lies on the beats of the word, the human body and our own natural rhythm. I'm going to be talking with Nick and Keren soon, so hopefully all goes to plan, otherwise I may have to seek help elsewhere.

I've got two plays being planned as well. My first one is a collaboration with another housemate, and we're hoping to do a radio play. I'm also working on my own play, a dark drama looking at the world's obsession with sexuality. I love Theatre of the Absurd, Theatre of Cruelty, Physical Theatre and Brechtian styles. So I'm really hoping I'll get to explore these more if I'm working with a small group of people. I really want to go further with my directing and production manager, though I'll probably work with someone else. I can't wait to work with a group of people whom I know I work well with and who can produce the best results. I'm not talking about people always agreeing with me, but just knowing I won't be going home each night, desperate to tear my hair out in frustration!

So watch this space...exciting times ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment